We have been working with patients seeking acupuncture for fertility since 2004. As a highly skilled team of specialized acupuncturists, our goal is to provide a comprehensive treatment plan for your unique fertility challenge.
Our fertility specialists spend time understanding your needs and goals for treatment, and work with your body to create the best possible environment for conception. Where necessary, they collaborate with local reproductive endocrinologists to ensure you receive customized, complementary care. Your team is aligned to increase the odds of conception, helping you create the family that you envision.
Studies have found that using acupuncture for fertility increases the success rate of fertility treatments including; IVF, intrauterine insemination (IUI) and hormone therapy.
Acupuncture additionally lessens side effects of the treatment. Most doctors agree that patients benefit significantly from integrating the ancient healing effects of acupuncture in conjunction with today’s modern fertility procedures.
Low-cost, painless, and non-invasive, acupuncture facilitates balance, priming the body for peak fertility. It is a viable support therapy for any couple trying to conceive that meets any of the below criteria:
- You are trying to conceive naturally
- You are undergoing IVF or IUI
- You are taking hormonal therapy to assist in getting pregnant
- You have been on birth control
- You are over 35 years old
- You have trouble with your menstrual cycles such as clotting, pain, or irregular cycles
- You have been diagnosed with PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome)
- You suffer from endometriosis
- You have been diagnosed with sperm or egg quality issues
- You have suffered previous pregnancy losses
- You are trying to conceive your second child and it is proving harder than anticipated
Fertility is a journey.
At Lokahi we find it highly beneficial to have each person involved in the journey undergo treatment. It dramatically reduces the stress and anxiety that goes hand-in-hand with infertility as well as enhances the outcome and the overall experience. Acupuncture also promotes the free flow of the body’s life energy, or Qi, which results in a feeling of well-being and vitality for everyone.
Depending upon your individual needs, we offer a variety of treatment plans for women and men including:
- For Women
- • Natural Fertility Treatment
• Medicated cycle (Clomid or Femara)
• Gonadotropin/Injectable Medication Cycle with or without IUI
• In Vitro Fertilization Cycle (IVF)
• Frozen Embryo Transfer Cycle (FET)
• Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS), endometriosis, fibroids
- For Men
- • Low sperm count, low motility, low mobility
• Chromosomal defects and AntiSperm Antibodies (ASA)
• IVF, ICSI and IUI cycle support
I truly believe I had a smooth pregnancy and delivery thanks to the care I received at Lokahi. My postpartum treatments were fantastic too and helped me recover quickly!
I am extremely grateful and overwhelmed with appreciation for her effort in working with me to overcome my obstacles and become pregnant. I would 100% recommend the process to anyone struggling to become pregnant.
If you’re hesitant about trying this tool for infertility, or for anything else, I’d strongly encourage you to make a first appointment and see how you feel after you’ve tried it. I’m so glad I got over my fear and took that first step.
Cathryn is an amazing practitioner, friend, and human being. I started seeing her several years ago when I was trying to get pregnant and she has continued to support me and my health through pregnancy and beyond.
Lokahi did not disappoint! I had my first appointment with Anna she was absolutely wonderful! Excellent bedside manners, a sweet sense of humor, and she helped me relax after a long week of inconsistent labor pains.
I have to say not only did not one needle hurt in the least bit, but Susannah has such a gentle touch that I left feeling so relaxed, I floated out. She used different modalities including cupping and light massage. I highly recommend her and wish I could go everyday!
Andrea was great! Kind, caring, patient and very professional. Super appreciate her honesty and caring concern.
I had my first visit with Andrea Geiger and my experience can bu summed up with a “thumbs-up”. She was very thorough with her in-take and she really listen to the discomfort that I was experiencing. We’ve set a game plan for treatment moving forward. Overall, I felt welcomed, relaxed and in great hands.