Though Lokahi specializes in treating fertility and pain, we also use Traditional Chinese Medicine to address a variety of other health issues, including women’s health, gastrointestinal distress as well as a multitude of ailments brought about by the intense stress of living and working in the Bay Area.
Acupuncture and TCM are valuable assets to mitigating effects of the “Silicon Valley Condition.” By working with the body’s twelve meridians to facilitate the free flow of healing Qi, or energy, acupuncture and Chinese medicine guide the body back to a natural, healthy balance to accelerate and promote healing.
Susannah is amazing. I’ve been seeing her for acupuncture for a couple months and my life and health has drastically improved!
– Laura L.
At Lokahi, we see patients daily whose health is impacted by the immense pressures of living in the high-tech, high-paced Bay Area. Known as the “Silicon Valley Condition,” this chronic level of heightened stress manifests itself as a myriad of conditions including:
- Anxiety or panic attacks
- Irritability and moodiness
- Physical symptoms such as stomach problems, headaches, or chest pain
- Allergic reactions, such as eczema or asthma
- Insomnia or sleep disturbances
- Overindulgence in food, alcohol, smoking, or drugs
- Sadness or depression
While it isn’t always possible to remove the cause of stress, numerous studies have demonstrated the substantial benefits of acupuncture in the effects of stress on the body. Acupuncture improves blood circulation, which oxygenates the tissues and eliminates the stress hormone, cortisol. The calming nature of acupuncture also decreases heart rate, lowers blood pressure, and relaxes the muscles, reducing the mental, physical, and emotional effects of stress.
Autoimmune issues are conditions arising from our body’s abnormal immune response. There are at least eighty types of known autoimmune disorders involving just about any body part. They are triggered by a number of internal and external factors including stress, infections, our environment and surroundings as well as personal sensitivities. Men and women are affected equally by these challenges, which can manifest as:
- Fatigue and exhaustion
- Weight gain
- Hormone imbalance
- Joint pain
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Celiac disease
- Thyroid issues
- Low-grade fever
A woman’s body goes through several cycles throughout life as she moves into and then out of her childbearing years. Traditional Chinese Medicine, often in consort with Western Medicine, can play a vital role during each cycle of a woman’s life, harmonizing the body and bringing it into a state of equilibrium.
Our practitioners assist with:
- Menstrual cycle issues and irregularities including
- Ovarian cysts
- Pelvic Inflammatory disease
- Uterine prolapse
- Cervical dysplasia
- Pregnancy-alleviation of symptoms before, during and after
- Alleviation from symptoms experienced during peri-menopause
- Relief of symptoms and rebalancing of the body after menopause
- Overall breast health
- Adjunct therapy to gynecological surgery, breast surgery, Caesarean section, and chemotherapy to mitigates side effects, increase healing and recovery
For those suffering from gastrointestinal conditions, acupuncture offers a way to comfortably restore optimal digestive health while alleviating symptoms and addressing the root cause of the issue.
At Lokahi, we treat a variety of digestive issues including but not limited to:
- Abdominal bloating, cramping, general discomfort
- Nausea and vomiting
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Gastro-Esophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Gall Stones
- Diverticulosis and Diverticulitis
The conditions above are ones we deal with on a daily basis. If what you are experiencing isn’t on the list, odds are, acupuncture can still be enormously beneficial.