Why is consuming warm foods during the fall season important?
- Warm foods help balance the yin and yang energies by counteracting the cooling effects of the environment.
- Warm foods support the spleen and stomach, aiding in digestion.
- Warm foods promote the smooth flow of qi, the vital energy, throughout the body, preventing stagnation.
- Warm foods nourish and moisturize the body, which is particularly beneficial during the dryness associated with the fall.
- Warm foods boost the immune system, providing protection against common illnesses during this time of seasonal transition.
Discover two delightful and comforting warming recipes to savor this autumn.
Start your day with a nourishing warm oats breakfast, and end it with a flavorful and soothing carrot curry soup for dinner.
These recipes not only offer incredible flavors but also provide a cozy and satisfying experience during this season of change.
Warming Oats Recipe
- 1 cup water
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp ghee (optional- great for the nervous system- full of Vitamin A & E)
- ⅓ cup oat bran (higher in protein than rolled oats or 1/2 of rolled oats)
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup chopped almonds
- 2 Medjool dates cut into small pieces (good source of iron & potassium)
- A splash of milk
- Your choice of fruit
- Add water to a pot with chopped almonds first, and bring to a boil.
- Add ghee, salt, cinnamon, and cardamon to the pot and stir until well combined.
- Add oats, turning down the heat too low.
- Stir until the oats have thickened.
Curried Carrot Soup Recipe
- 5 Large Carrots (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic (diced)
- ¼ ts sea salt
- 2 cups Chicken bone broth or vegetable broth
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 tsp yellow curry powder
- ½ tsp apple cider vinegar
- Sauté the onion until translucent, then add curry powder, garlic, and carrots.
- Add curry powder, garlic, and carrots. Cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Stir until well combined.
- Slowly add broth until the water just covers the carrots (you can always add more broth later). Cook until carrots are tender.
- Blend soup until creamy. Taste and adjust seasonings.
Try them out and relish the autumnal goodness they bring to your table.
Too often, patients feel unheard and are frustrated with poor results from expensive, standard medical care.
At Lokahi Acupuncture, we take the time to approach patient care collaboratively to find creative solutions that are uniquely you, allowing you to create the life you’ve always envisioned.